Thursday, June 18, 2009

E3 late impressions

E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) has been over for a couple of weeks now, and I have been passively following the news and impressions like I do every year. So here is my take as a Nintendo loyalist.

For Nintendo:
New Super Mario Bros. - I don't really care. Laurie doesn't seem like one to get into it, so it would just be a single-player 2D platformer for me.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Excited about this one. Laurie and I loved the first one and this allows us to play some new levels.
Metroid: Other M - While the hype (and trailer) look good, I am taking a "wait-and-see" approach to this title.
Wii Sports Resort - I suprisingly know little about this title even though there is a ton of media available. All I hear is that Wii Motion Plus works very well.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - I may be falling for the hype, but I'm really looking forward to this game, especially how the game changes around you based on your actions.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearer - I really, really want this game. Please, hurry it up Square-Enix.
Side note: It looks like the RPGs are slowly creeping back onto a Nintendo console - Dragon Quest X, Fragile, etc. 3 cheers! (I will wait patiently until they finally release a new game in the Ogre Battle/Tactics series. There's at least one customer to buy it on day one.)

For other systems:
The Last Guardian - this (and Blue-Ray) makes me want to get a PS3
Natal - Interesting, but I'm not sure how well it will do with the very fine movements of the wrist to play many types of sports games.
Everything else - looks good, but nothing so far that screams "Buy me! Buy me!"
Sequals to most everything - If I didn't buy the first game, most likely I'm not going to be interested in the second or 197th game (except Mass Effect).

No comments:

Post a Comment